Cone Beam 3D Dental Imaging
Dental cone beam CT is commonly used for treatment planning of orthodontic issues. It is also useful for more complex cases that involve:
- Impacted wisdom teeth
- Dental implant sites
- Jaw and bone deformities/misalignments
- TMJ disorders
- Facial trauma
- Tumors and cysts
- Oral cancer
Benefits of Cone Beam Dental Imaging:
- The focused x-ray beam reduces scatter radiation, resulting in better image quality.
- A single scan produces a wide variety of views and angles that can be manipulated to provide a more complete evaluation.
- Cone beam CT scans provide more information than conventional dental x-rays, allowing for more precise treatment planning.
- CT scanning is painless, noninvasive and accurate.
- X-rays used in CT scans should have no immediate side effects.
Your dentist at Advanced Technology & Laser Dentistry uses cone beam imaging to make diagnoses with superior accuracy. Call us at 239-267-1900 to schedule an appointment.